Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I can't believe that it's September 14.  As always, summer went by far too quickly.  And it was one of our best summers ever.  The high heat allowed us to spend countless days at the local splash pad running through the cold water and then taking a break to snack on some fruit & veg from the farmer's market.  I have really enjoyed being home with the kids and able to see them enjoy all summer has to offer.

Fall has made its presence known very quickly and for that, food wise anyway, I am grateful.  Don't get me wrong, I love summer.  I love fresh produce from the farmer's market: cherry tomatoes that taste like summer, juicy peaches and nectarines.  The list really goes on and on.  What I like about fall are the comforting and homey casseroles and soups that start to take centre stage.  I've already made Jamie Oliver's Lamb Stew and his Chicken Stew.  Both were delicious.  We ate the lamb stew over rice and covered the chicken stew with tasty dumplings.  My mouth is watering thinking about both of them.
Lamb Stew veggie mix

Yum!  Lamb stew.  It tasted just like my grandmother's lamb shank recipe.  I'll have to make that someday soon too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment