Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

What a weekend this has been!  M & I had a whirlwind trip to New Jersey to celebrate a friend's wedding.  It was a lot of fun and I couldn't be happier for my high school friend.  Congratulations to the new Mr & Mrs R!  Thanks for including us in your celebration.
Much of the drive was just stunning.  I don't think the pictures are doing it justice.
We returned home late Saturday night only to get up early Sunday and start our Turkey Day preparations.
Medjool dates stuffed with Parmesan cheese and wrapped in bacon.
Nigella's Sweet Potato Casserole.
Also on the table, though not pictured because it wasn't pretty, was a moist and flavourful brined turkey and my favourite brussel sprouts.  The turkey was gorgeous...before we started to carve it at which point I remembered I should have taken a picture.  Oh well.  I won't subject you to a photo the half carved carcass.  You're welcome!  And, while delicious, the brussel sprouts were not terribly photogenic.  Over the years we've adapted a Nigella Lawson recipe and made brussel sprouts a favourite holiday side dish.  Hopefully I'll get to posting that soon.

I almost forgot, we also had these buns.  Yum!

For dessert we had pumpkin pie and apple crisp.  Both were beautiful and would have photographed well had I remembered to take pictures before we devoured them.  Oops.  Live and learn.

Whether celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving or Columbus Day in The States or just a regular Monday, have a good one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment