Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I'm very full. Again.

In the introduction to her cookbook, The Pioneer Woman Cooks, Ree Drummond says that she put on 10, maybe 11 pounds while writing.*  I have not written a cookbook, have no plans to write a cookbook, but I'm well on my way to putting on 10, maybe 11 pounds.  New recipes have a way of doing that to me.  I eat as if I will never ever see food, particularly this new delicious food again.  Ridiculous, no?


My husband has been working nights for the last couple so I've been on my own for suppers.  Well, not quite on my own; my kids did have to eat.  They have been chowing down on the leftover chicken and rice soup and eggs and toast.  (If I'm ever stuck for a supper I feed the kidlets eggs and toast and then fend for myself after they're in bed.  It's one of their favourites.  It may actually be K's fav, right after grilled cheese.)  Back to my suppers: last night it was pico de gallo and guacamole.  And then The Pioneer Woman's Mocha Brownies.  Yum, yum, yum!  Tonight I had a baby spinach salad with a hard boiled egg, some English cucumber, red pepper and Kraft Asian dressing.  Along side I had steamed zucchini with salt and pepper and a piece, OK two pieces, of The Pioneer Woman's Olive Cheese Bread.  It was all delicious.  I finished it off with half of the last brownie.  


Lest you think I only cook from The Pioneer Woman Cooks: it's the cookbook I currently have on loan from the library.


*I just looked over the introduction and I couldn't find where she mentions the weight gain.  But I swear I read it somewhere.  Maybe her website?

0 comments:

Post a Comment