Friday, May 21, 2010

Small Appliances

I love me a kitchen appliance.  I have quite a few of them: food processor, mini food processor, blender, coffee maker, toaster, stand mixer, ice cream maker and the most recent addition, the panini maker.


A decade or so ago I would have found this list to be a little over the top.  But only because of the ice cream maker and the panini maker.  "Who needs to make their own ice cream?  I'll never do that."  Ha!  Clearly I've reconsidered.  And the panini maker, well, I blame my father.  No really.  It's all his fault.  
He bought a cheap panini maker last year after having a most delicious sandwich in Montreal.  Since then there's been no turning back.  I quickly followed suit with the cheap panini maker.  What delicious lunches we were having.  I even used it for a burger or two when I was too lazy to fire up the BBQ.  


Months a later, while vacationing at my parents' condo in Florida, we bought a Cuisinart Griddler Gourmet at Costco.  Have I mentioned my love of Costco before?  No?  Well, that's a story for another time.  Back to our trip to Florida.  Shortly after falling in love with the panini both my father and I decided that our cheap panini makers were not enough.  (This may actually have more to do with our mutual love of a kitchen gadget but we'll never admit it.  At least I won't.)  As such we were pricing out the Cuisinart ones and found them to be at least $150 CDN.  Yikes!  As much as I love a panini and a kitchen appliance, I'm not completely without limits.  Back to our trip to Florida.  The Costco local to my parents' winter residence was selling the Cuisinart Griddler Gourmet for $60 USD.  Woohoo!  We picked up one and they picked up two; one for their Canadian home and one for the American.


Here's my lastest lunch: thin whole wheat sandwich bun, alfredo sauce, avocado, provolone, spinach and tomato.  Gooey and juicy.  Mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm.






0 comments:

Post a Comment