Friday, June 18, 2010

Farmer's Market Friday

Today is Friday so after dropping the older two off at school the rest of us headed to the Farmer's Market.


As usual we overloaded on the fruit.  Clockwise from the top: bagels - 6 sesame & 6 cinnamon raisin, blueberries, nectarines, cherry tomatoes, tomatoes, strawberries, zucchini, mini cucumbers, asparagus (there's a second bundle just out of view), dark and white cherries (I'm thinking of pitting and freezing some), garlic scapes and plums.


Garlic Scapes.  I've never tried them before but am intrigued after reading this post on Oh She Glows.  Should be interesting.  I'll let you know.


Can't wait to eat these.  While at the market K was obsessed with the white cherries.  He was gravitating toward them and insisted we buy some.  I wanted to buy the dark cherries too so we compromised on a mixed basket.  


We can't get enough of these mini cukes.  My kids could eat them by the truck full.  Yum!


White fleshed nectarines and black plums.  They haven't ripened enough for the kids and I yet but M loves them like this.  I'm going to have to hide some for the rest of us.


So much appealing produce.  Can't wait for next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment