Friday, June 4, 2010

Farmer's Market

I took the kids to the local Farmer's Market for the first time this year.  I'm not sure they were terribly impressed.  K quickly zeroed in on the booth with the bread.  In fact, he spent the rest of the time at the market asking if we could buy some bread.  P was happy enough riding in the stroller. 


There was tons of produce and most of it was local.  I bought as much as I could with the money I brought.




I bought, clockwise from the top, 2 basil plants, parsley, thyme, rhubarb, asparagus, strawberries, peaches, cherries, green beans, fiddleheads (which we're having for supper tonight), apricots and zucchini.  


After walking around the market twice and choosing our produce, I caved about bought the kids a doughnut to split.  K asked why I didn't buy bread.  :S




0 comments:

Post a Comment