Sunday, July 18, 2010

Prince Japanese Steak House

Great Food + Excellent Company = Best Saturday night out in a long time.

M & I booked a babysitter and went out with friends for dinner.  By the end of the evening we all vowed that we have to do it again soon.  And regularly.  Why we haven't done this sooner is a small mystery.

The restaurant was a Japanese Steak House (teppanyaki) with regular restaurant seating as well as 3 x 2 iron griddles.  M ordered Chicken Teriyaki with Filet Mignon and I ordered Chicken Teriyaki with Shrimp.  Our friends ordered similarly.  I think I was the only one with shrimp though.  It didn't occur to me until after the salad and vegetable maki to take pictures (bad food blogger!).
Miso soup.  Comfort food in a bowl.  I must look into making some of this soon.  Anyone have a good recipe?
Sticky fried rice.  This was rice heaven.  It was served quite early in the meal but I waited to eat it so that I didn't fill up on rice.  And I didn't.  I was able to bring 2/3 of the bowl home.I think I hear my leftovers calling my name from the fridge.  Pardon me while I take a short snack break.
The very talented chef preparing the onion volcano of fire.
Small Fire.
Big Fire!  Very cool.
No more fire, time to move on to the meat: there was shrimp, scallops, chicken and steak.  There was also a gigantic pile of veggies just waiting for the grill.  Yup, there's a lot of food there to be cooked; in addition to our party of four, the chef was cooking for a group of 3 and a group of 2.
First came the shrimp.  Five succulent shrimp.  I ate them all.
Then came the bean sprouts.  I never knew bean sprouts could be so tasty.  Don't get me wrong, I love bean sprouts but there's something about them being cooked in garlic butter that transcends them to an entirely new plane.
Then came the veggies.  I could have, and maybe should have, ordered only veggies.  They were so good.  I wish I hadn't eaten as many veggies at the restaurant so that I could have brought more of them home.
And then came the chicken.  Sweet and tender teriyaki chicken.  The plate was huge so this may not look like much food but it was.  It was a lot.  As much I wanted to eat every last morsel, I couldn't.  I just couldn't.  I brought home some of the bean sprouts, veg and most of my rice.  (M ate the last 4 pieces of my chicken.)

Thanks for the great evening guys!  Shall we book our next night out?

0 comments:

Post a Comment