Monday, July 12, 2010

Raspberry Ice Cream

The gorgeous raspberries I bought at this week's Farmer's Market were calling out to me: make me into ice cream.  Delicious velvety ice cream. Okey Dokey.
I pureed one container of raspberries in the food processor and then strained it through my sieve to take out the seeds.  I wanted this to be as velvety as it could be - without using heavy cream.  This yielded 1 cup of juice.

To this I mixed in 2 c of half-and-half and a scant 3/4 cup of sugar. Once the sugar was dissolved I froze it in our  ice cream maker.  I froze mine in two batches as my ice cream maker doesn't hold very much.  Two cups total of liquid is about all it can handle.

Ice cream in our ice cream tub.  This particular Rubbermaid container holds one batch of ice cream.  In this case it held both mini batches.  I would have taken a picture of the scooped ice cream but K & P were insistent on having their dessert immediately.  P even had a second, very small, serving.  Could it be that she's discovering her sweet tooth?

0 comments:

Post a Comment